8/27/2009

The Trappist.

 
The Trappist

One stop shopping for all your Belgian beer needs. Now I don't exactly know what differentiates a Belgian beer from a normal beer. I suppose I could do a Wiki on it, but that would be too easy. I'll go on not exactly knowing for now.

 

What I do know is that these beers are strong. And if you know nothing about me then you know that I like strong beers. The draft menu contains a list of beers that are all in the realm of knock you on your ass strong. Yet being that they are Belgian beers, they don't taste it. I am used to the IPA and double IPA's, which taste hoppy and strong as hell. These beers however are light and crisp, yet share the same 9% alcohol level as my tried and true IPA's. Some of the beers on the menu are even 10% alcohol by volume (abv according to most beer snobs).

Make sure you show up with dinner in your belly, cause if you don't I guarantee you'll be laid out on the floor not having such a great time. These Belgian beers sneak up on you, like ninja's, actually they are more like alcoholic ninjas. Ready to pounce and make you projectile vomit when you least expect it.

And this my friends is the type of beer I enjoy. The type that will sneak up on you and kick your ass when you least expect it. Everyone needs this in their life, a good ass kicking (but only the proverbial type, not an actual ass kicking cause that hurts and is no fun).

No comments:

Post a Comment