4/02/2009

Elbo Room Round 2: Upstairs.

Boy that guy sure could dub.

Partying on a Sunday evening is not usually a good idea. Unless of course you don't work on Monday. Which I don't, so I had a good time going into the city to see a show on a Sunday night. Every Sunday the Elbo room hosts "Dub Mission. The best in dub, dubstep, roots & dancehall." If I knew what any of that means I would say so, but I don't so I won't. The music was alright, and I thought it was cool that the venue became a large humidor of pot smoke. Which is always fun.

Unfortunately I forgot to bring my real camera, so the cell phone had to suffice. The upstairs differed from its downstairs brother in one big department, it had a door. Though it was tight, as they usually are, and lit by a single red light. Which I have come to find out makes anyone look awesome, even myself! (Had unfortunate time once while hitting on hot chick in ruby room only to find out under the moonlight she was neither hot or a chick. But I'll save that story for another time)

Sink, don't swim.

Ash Tray.

Another key part about the dive bar bathroom is the fact that it becomes an ash tray many times. Now this is becoming less and less prevalent but once in a while you will find a bar that still allows people to smoke even though the law forbids it. Most of these bars just turn a cheek and go under the premise of "out of sight out of mind." This one had that goin on, though it is hard to see in this picture, ash was all over the floor and in the urinal. I think it really adds to the experience.

Red light makes everything better.

Unlike last time, I was able to use the photo booth. That booth session now hangs on my fridge, next to the drawing of a puppy I did for art class last week. I was pretty drunk by the end of this night, and spent most my Monday nursing a headache, but it was awesome to party like that on a Sunday, I'll probably do it again sometime! Next up I take you outa the state to a good ol' hometown bar...but that's next time.

4 comments:

  1. awesome! I was about to start a riot due to lack of postings...
    cant wait to see some pics from WY

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yo, my band used to practice in the apartment that was upstairs above the Elbo Room (on the third floor.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yo, my error. The Elbo Room I mentioned in the post above is on Lincoln in Chicago. Not lame at all, for a bar. I have no idea about this SF version, but it probably can't hold a candle to those leather lesbo bars on Folsom like this one http://catclubsf.com/ where we got blind drunk on several occasions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have heard many a story of the Cat Club, haven't made it out yet, but you can bet it's on the list! And if I'm ever in Chicago I'll have to check out their version of the Elbo Room.

    ReplyDelete