5/06/2009

Getting Hardcore at the Ruby Room

"The Ruby Room: Come for the drinks, stay for the urinal cakes!"

You walk in and even though it was dark outside, it is even darker inside the Ruby Room. It takes a good 10 minutes for your eyes to adjust, and even when they do you find a cloud of smoke obscuring whatever else you can see. All this makes for an odd night out. Which is usually the best times. Going home smelling of smoke, wasted, and ears ringing from loud music is always a fun way to end the night, isn't it?

I was told before checking out the bathroom that it was the worst. That a man would not want to see it during the day, it was foul, it was horrid. I was intrigued. I had been here before, but always as a night cap, and couldn't quite remember what the men's room had in store for me.


What I found was the usual spray paint and tags everywhere, better lighting than what the bar had to offer, and lots of urinal cakes (my favorite part by far). The paint job had an effect like a zebra, walls seemed to run together, and if you didn't look close enough you would completely miss the stall. I have to say, whomever was describing this bathroom to me at the beginning of the night was a lightweight, I have seen far worse rooms than this one. From what this person was telling me, I was half expecting to find a dead body. There were none however, and in the end I found my time here quite pleasant. And by pleasant, I mean super relieving and extra awesome.

Another favorite part, were the stickers on the inside of the toilet. Some brave souls put those there. The best was "The Twots" sticker. With a name like that they must be good right?


No comments:

Post a Comment