1/10/2009

The Inebriated Piss

This is the blog of bar bathrooms. I have long been amazed at the world of bar bathrooms. Sure they are just a place to wee, but I am always surprised at how different each and everyone is. No doubt every bar is different, but the sheer diversity of the bar toilet is overwhelming. I think we all love bars, and it is a simple fact that when one goes to a bar they will also spend some time in the loo. Depending on the night, hopefully not too much time.

I have seen ones ranging from the downright nasty, to the downright swanky, and everything in between. And perhaps it is my inebriated state, but every time I walk into a new one I'm amazed. Graffiti perplexes me, paint jobs baffle me, and for 30 to 40 seconds (depending on how bad I have to go) I stand in amazement.

So I decided to chronicle them and start a discussion. I will try to remember a camera whenever I go out, and will take pictures of the bathroom. Hopefully with no one in them, but I'm not making any promises. And to get things off to a good start, I figured I would start with home base. No i don't live in a bar, but I figure it will give a good frame of reference.


Home Sweet Home

It is clean (no thanks to me), with an accent wall in a deep teal color. The picture is a random picture of some cars, and the T.P. is always close at hand. What you can't see is a sweet little window from which I can watch traffic and people walk by as I...well you know. Not much else to say, this is the bathroom for which I judge all others against. I now have to retrace my steps through some of my favorite bar bathrooms, and also seek out new ones. Stay tuned, this could get interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment