1/25/2009

Last Call at the Mizz



Ahh the Missouri Lounge. Sometimes you just want to go to a place where everybody knows your name. Unfortunately for me they still don't know my name...

The Mizz got a few "best of the east bay" awards from the East Bay Express. Those awards are great, except they tend to blow up places. Which can be good and bad. Good for business, and bad because the place gets overrun with hipsters. Of course the regulars that had been attending before I started showing up, probably don't like me in their bar either. So I think we all just get drunk together and pretty soon everyone is a regular. With a 5 dollar whiskey and can o' beer special it is hard not to. (get drunk that is)

Last night the place was particularly busy. Evident in the fact that they had to start storing glasses and half empty bottles in the bathroom. This little loo is a favorite for sure, and I admit that I contributed my share of the graffiti. Though they have since painted over my horrible works of art.

They must have gotten a new mirror as well, it is by far the cleanest bar bathroom mirror I have ever seen! Give it another month though, it will soon blend seamlessly into the wall.

At one point I turned around to find this gem...

"Doggie Jomo's bro in fa the right coast.
Don't believe the rumors. Don't pay the ransom;
I'll escape! RJD DJB 1/22/09"


Random scribblings are the best. I wonder if it's serious...

2 comments:

  1. It's sort of sad you won't get too many (or any) girls bathrooms. we have great graffiti.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm gonna try to get into the ladies room at the mizz, i think that mallard would be doable as well.

    ReplyDelete