3/01/2009

About the clown...


Friday night saw me out at The Bottom of the Hill. One of the greatest and bestest music venues in the bay area. And better yet, the show we saw was a part of Noise Pop 2009. Noise Pop is on par with SXSW (most the bands we saw are headed south [by southwest]). Only Noise Pop hasn't been blown up by the media and overrun with lame-wads. Needless to say it was awesome to be out at this venue for this event. I didn't know any of the bands that were playing, but was pleasantly surprised by these guys: Kinch. Though the headliners Friday night didn't do much for me, I still enjoyed the show. That was due in large part to this guys hair...

Yes folks that's a mullet with a cheek strap.

The Cheek Strap is popular with those trying to get away from the traditional Chin Strap, and who don't want to go with the full on beard. And the mullet, well it is just bad, so bad it's awesome. Such awesomeness has a word, and that word is: radtarded. This guy's hair would not be the last of the radness. Not by a long shot. But being that technically I'm here writing about restrooms and not radtarded hair, I should go ahead and mention the sweet men's room action.


It was high time for the quintessential music venue bathroom (MVB for short). Whilst doing my bizz, I thought that it would be an interesting experiment to check out some or all of the bands that have plastered their stickers on the walls of this place. I love when I walk into a restroom and feel a part of history. I like it even more when that history is plastered, scribed, and etched all over the walls. I didn't see it on Friday, but just now I spied a sticker from one of my favorite bands, Day One Symphony. Their sticker is right above the busted ass towel dispenser. I have seen these guys live many times, and every time they were at the Bottom of the Hill. Just do me a favor go to their myspace and listen to Coma Bath, you will not be disappointed.

After taking in the music, and more than a few pints of Fat Tire, we hit the dusty trail and made our way to bart. Then things got weird. And by weird, I mean completely awesome.


Because there was a clown on board. He made balloon animals and everything. Not that I am into clowns that much, it is just the sort of random thing you find on a bart train late at night. Not to mention he was playing music from a discman (yes a discman!) hooked up to a pink amplifier. The looks on people's faces as they entered the car was priceless. So between clowns on bart and mullet/cheek strap combinations, I would have to say this night was one for the ages. A classic, and I am glad I could share the oddities with you... my one reader...

Also visited a couple other bar bathrooms on saturday night, but will save those for later.

No comments:

Post a Comment