3/03/2009

Show me your Elbo


The Elbo Room in S.F. is sort of a best of both worlds situation. Because it is both a bar and music venue, yet separates the two. Music is upstairs, bar is downstairs. So when they do have music, you don't have to pay a cover just to hang out and get drunk. It is a bar that is hard to label, as it attracts a very diverse crowd. Yet it is quite down to earth thankfully. The music acts it finds to play upstairs are usually an eclectic mix of beats, funk, and reggea. Though I don't think they ever really have any rock acts play (which is why I've only been here twice). I do like this bar, they have a great beer selection, and best of all they have a cool photobooth.

Second best part is the rabit above the bar.


Again I had to flex my super sweet ninja camera skills (SSNCS for short) to get a picture of this bathroom. You literally walk around a corner and you are in the bathroom, one urinal, one formal toilet. I felt like I was taking a wizz behind a tree just off the interstate, you're a little bit hidden and maybe no one is looking...maybe. Lets just say it is a little exposed. And don't think the ladies were excluded, no it was the same for them. I had to remind myself to zip up BEFORE I turned around to save myself the embarrasment of flashing my willy to the entire bar. I guess having it this way keeps people from tagging, and stickering the crap out of the walls. Though I have stated before that I enjoy random tags and such, and enjoy when bars embrace it.

Sparse yet pleasant

One thing I don't get is how bathroom floors get wet like this one was. Seriously the entire area had a good half inch of water on it. There was no sink and the toilet flushed fine. Someone should check the plumbing!

Our next stop after the Elbo Room, was the Docs Clock. Though I am trying to milk this one night for all it's got, so I am just gonna go ahead and make you wait for that one. Till then, Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment