2/04/2009

It's time for a beer review

Because it is what gets us from here to there. I don't consider myself a beer snob, I just happen to like good beer. But for the most part, I will drink anything. Lately however, I have been getting into that strong stuff. Give me your IPA, Double IPA, and even those beers with the cork and extra yeast on the bottom. Sure it is more expensive, but in most cases it is more bang for your buck!

I originally went on a mission to find a bottle of this stuff:

Stone Brewing's Double Bastard Ale. I bought it on a whim a couple months ago and it seriously blew my mind. Of all the tasty beverages I have consumed over the years, this has been the tastiest. So when thinking of doing a beer review, I could think of none other than this beer to kick it off. Unfortunately it isn't available right now. Though according to this, it will be available again in November of this year. Awesome! Only 9 months to go (might as well have a baby)! You know I'll be eagerly awaiting it's return to my life. After searching every inch of a quite extensive beer section, I realized it was not meant to be. Meandering around, depressed and not knowing what to do, I finally spied an interesting thing. Canned IPA.

21'st Amendment IPA
(though I don't condone beating anybody)

I tell ya, it brought a tear to my eye as I scooped it up and proceeded to ride up the hill to my humble abode. I made it in record 6 pack time, no doubt due to the weight savings of aluminum rather than glass!

But would it taste good? Why hell yes it would!! It's freaking IPA! It was a crisp starter, with mild bitterness for an IPA. It was smooth, and had hints of chocolate and coffee. In fact it just tasted smooth, like butter. And if you know me, you know I like butter. After having a couple cans of it, a sweet fuzzy feeling swept over me. Yes it was a buzz coming on, but after two beers!? This is when I checked the alcohol percentage, sure enough 7%. Like I said, more bang for your buck!

It looks like the new thing is craft beer in a can. And while I have had Fat Tire in a can, I haven't experienced a put hair on your chest type beer in a can. Until now. You can bet I'll have my eyes peeled for the next one. And I'll be hanging on the edge of my seat until my good friend Double Bastard shows up on store shelves again. Until then, keep it in a can?

No comments:

Post a Comment